William Rutten is the ideal ambassador for a brand like LaCie: an internationally renowned celebrity photographer, who has been a fan of the brand his entire life and who has built a large international network on social media.
We developed an integrated plan which combined B2B and B2C actions across channels, with Rutten’s story and user experience returning throughout the entire campaign. William was the first European ambassador to receive the new LaCie 2big RAID, and tested and used the device extensively. Together with William, we created both copy and visual material about his professional life and workflow, which we used in different ways:
- a PR lobby and paid media campaign across EMEA
- webinar with William in collaboration with the photography magazine Zoom
- collaborating with a reseller to create an exclusive bundle for webinar attendees and trade fair visitors
- activation of William’s network via his social media channels
- keynote talks by William at photography trade shows
- an attractive photobook in 6 languages, which we sent to 50 elite resellers in EMEA, so that they were up to date about the new products and could inform their customers
- a marketing campaign targeting resellers and creation of assets which LaCie distributes via their internal newsletters to resellers
The successful launch campaign of the 2big RAID generated many reactions from partners and customers, who felt attracted by the creative communication. We saw a doubling of requests compared to previous GTM campaigns.